John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Samsung Dryer won't heat. Tested and inspected new heating

Customer Question

Samsung Dryer won't heat. Tested and inspected new heating element. Still no heat. Can you Help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 6 months ago.
One minute please while I look up you appliance info. Mean while please read.Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my EYES & EARS! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem.******We are on the honor system here. So please remember to rate my service by selecting the stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you don't rate me, unfortunately do not get credit for of the help that I have giving you so please rate me. You can continue follow-up questions at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE after rating my service if you still needing help.One min please.
Expert:  Sean F. replied 6 months ago.
I am taken it you have a meter. Have you checked to make sure you are getting 240 volts coming to the dryer?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Tested 120 relay to heating element. Relay was ok.
Expert:  Sean F. replied 6 months ago.
Did you check for 240 to the dryer?
Expert:  Sean F. replied 6 months ago.
If your getting 240 to the dryer you will need to check for continuity to the high limit thermostat.It is going to be #2 in the diagram I sent.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My understanding is the 120 from the relay switch combines with the other existing 120 already source to the heating element. If not were can I test for the total current to the heating element?
Expert:  Sean F. replied 6 months ago.
Did you test the high limit thermostat?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes for Ohms. Tested OK
Expert:  Sean F. replied 6 months ago.
Sorry, I forgot I have appointment at 4:30, I have to run. I will open your question to the other experts.Again sorry.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No need to contact me I've called a repair service to look into fixing the dryer.