John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have an apartment building with 38 old Emerson sleeves, 26.75"w

Customer Question

I have an apartment building with 38 old Emerson sleeves, 26.75"w x 15" high, x 15.75" high outside dimensions and I am looking for an inexpensive well fitting replacement roughly 10,000 to 12,000 Btu. Can you help?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: I am looking possibly to order around a dozen units to start. I am also considering smaller window units to jury rig and foam into the openings. I realize that is less than optimal and they vent on the sides and the back. Open to suggestions.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
Herewith something to be looking at - LG are one of the market leaders and easy to repair - copy and paste this link into your browser - http://www.lg.com/us/window-air-conditioners - how much latitude have you got as the standard size these days seems to be 24 x 15 x 22" which would fit your enclosures.