Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I plug the refrigerator in but the compressor does not come

Customer Question

I plug the refrigerator in but the compressor does not come on and it has a clicking noise. The Model number is *****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: If the compressor is clicking and the fan next to the compressor is running either the compressor relay is bad, the compressor is bad or the computer relay is bad. If the compressor clicks to try and start then waits about 5 minutes or so then tries again I would try a new compressor relay. Also you can remove the small rectangular access cover to get at the board and remove the board to check the backside of it for a burned solder joint by the large black relay if you see that you should replace the board. It will be one of those three things. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!