Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a GE Profile PS123SCRH SV. Periodically it has not

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile PS123SCRH SV. Periodically it has not started chirping like a cricket. Solutions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Check the temperature when it's chirping and make sure the freezer isn't above 10 degrees F or the refrigerator isn't over 40ºF. Also, peel back the door seals while the door is shut to make sure that the lights aren't on inside the refrigerator when the doors are shut. These are the 2 reasons the refrigerator would chirp. If the lights are on, then you may need a new door switch or adjust the door so it hits the switch better. If the temperature is getting too warm, you may need a technician come out and check your sealed system or clean under the refrigerator in the back to make sure too much dust and lint didn't build up causing the compressor to overheat. Now if both these things don't appear to be a problem and it's chirping for no reason, you just have a bad interface control board and the board would need to be replaced. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?