Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Re: Kitchen Aid Washer KAWS777EQ0 Last week you gave me

Customer Question

Re: Kitchen Aid Washer KAWS777EQ0
Last week you gave me instructions to install a coupler between the motor and transmission. The coupler that was original was damaged, however, it wasn't the problem. It turns out that the motor will buzz but not turn. We have removed the water pump and made sure the motor shaft dose turn... and it does. Before we buy a new motor is there anything else to look at...for instance the capacitor or whatever?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
yes, you definitely want to make sure the pump isn't jammed, just remove the pump and see if the motor will run. If the motor still won't run, then you need to check the motor capacitor if you have a micro ferads setting on your multimeter and see if it has the same micro ferads as what is listed on the side of the capacitor. Other than that, check the red wire going to the motor and make sure the wire isn't loose at the motor. If all that checks good then replace the motor.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?