Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

MY WASHER WON'T FILL WITH WATER. WHY?

Customer Question

MY WASHER WON'T FILL WITH WATER. WHY?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 9 months ago.
Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.Try unplugging the washer for about 5 minutes and plugging it back in, sometimes the control just needs to be reset and unplugging it will reset the board. If after that you still get no water remove the water supply hoses from the machine put the hoses over in the washer tub and turn your water back on and make sure you are getting water pressure the supply hoses. If so and you have power at the washer console and the washer is working as normal with the lid locking etc but its just not filling then most likely the water inlet valve has failed and needs to be replaced on the washer, if you have a meter you can test for voltage at the water inlet valve and if it is getting voltage and not letting water in it's bad. However if its not get voltage then the control board is bad.Washer Water Inlet ValvePart #: W10240949 - click here We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed. Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks! After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing. NOTE PLEASE READ: When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system. Thank You! Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
cancel my appliance technicians
Not sure what you mean?
Hi there,I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, is there something else I can help you with or did you just forget to rate the answer?