Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I had been away months and I forgot the water was

Customer Question

I had been away for three months and I forgot the water was turned off to the washer. Anyway I put a load in as usual and about 5 minutes later I realized the water was not turned on. I tried to cancel the program but it wouldn't cancel. The door remained locked. Now it is making a humming noise and nothing is happening. I unplugged the machine. The door is still locked.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
This is a simple fix. Your washer just went into flood mode because it tried to fill for more than 6 minutes and never met the required water level. The washer will not continue to drain for 15-30 straight minutes and the door will remain locked. Just plug the washer back in and let it finish it's flood sequence. The humming you hear is the drain pump running and there is nothing wrong with that. After the sequence finishes, the door will unlock and the pump will shut off. Then you can use the washer like normal again. Just be sure the water is turned back on before you start another cycle. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?