Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I cannot change the temperature refrigerator. It is

Customer Question

I cannot change the temperature for the refrigerator. It is not in child lock. I change to 34 degrees and it goes back to 50 degrees. The freezer if working properly. I have a Samsung RS267TD.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! When you adjust the temperature, it shows what you have adjusted it to but then will revert back to the actual temperature. So, it is about 50* in the fresh food section, but the control is working as it should. Can you hear a fan running in the refrigerator section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the refrigerator?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No fan sound and no frost
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
Is the back wall cold in the refrigerator?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Correction do heart fan
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Back wall is cool but not cold
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
Okay, so that is probably not a good sign. Are you able to disassemble to access the cooling coil behind that panel to see what the frost pattern looks like?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
There is no frost but no I cannot disassemble
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
It sounds to me like you have a cooling system issue. Your model uses a dual evaporator system. You will need to call for service if you are unable to disassemble the rear panel components. If it is a cooling system problem, you can expect repair to run about $300-350 + parts. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!