Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My cooktop will not ignite. worked great last night

Customer Question

my cooktop will not ignite. worked great last night
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.are any of the burners working at all, do the any of the electrodes work?
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Hello from our service,My name is***** am so happy to help you today.I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.y None of them will light?
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The most common cause of poor or no igniton is a poor ground. Make sure the ground at the outlet is good and use fine sand paper to clean each igniter electrode and the area they spark to. This is very important to assure good ignition.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.