How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joel Swenson Your Own Question
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 1861
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Joel Swenson is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Which stain removal products are OK/compatible to use in my

Customer Question

Which stain removal products are OK/compatible to use in my new WT5480CW washer:
"Shout" spray ?...any of the "Zout" products ?..."Amodex" liquid spot remover ?..."Carbona"
stain roller ?..."Cadie" Stubborn Stain Remover laundry stick ?..."Wine Away" spray ?
Any suggestions, or particular products to stay away from ? Thank you -
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today. Here are things not to do when treating stains other than what is listed below just follow the instructions on the product:Do not use or mix liquid chlorine bleach with other household chemicals such as toilet cleaners, rust removers, acid orproducts containing ammonia. These mixtures can produce dangerous fumes which can cause serious injury or death.To reduce the risk of fire or serious injury to persons or property, comply with the basic warnings listed below:Read and comply with all instructions on stain removal products.• Keep stain removal products in their original labeled containers and out of children’s reach.• Thoroughly wash any utensil used.• Do not combine stain removal products, especially ammonia and chlorine bleach. Dangerous fumes may result.• Never wash items which have been previously cleaned in, washed in, soaked in or spotted with gasoline, dry cleaning solvents or other flammable or explosive substances because they give off vapors that could ignite or explode.• Never use highly flammable solvents, such as gasoline, inside the home. Vapors can explode on contact with flames or sparks.We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed. Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks! After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing. NOTE PLEASE READ: When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system. Thank You! Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, is there something else I can help you with or did you just forget to rate the answer?

Related Appliance Questions