Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Dyer wont start. Previous problem with door.

Customer Question

dyer wont start. Previous problem with door.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: If the door switch is working listen when you press start you should hear a click from the board. If so check the thermal fuse on the blower housing. It is the WHITE PLASTIC PEG style fuse on the blower housing with 2 wires to it and it is the furthest one to the left. If that is burned out with no continuity that will happen. You can get to it by removing the lower front panel and it is right behind the lint duct chute. If you unplug the unit and then disconnect the wires to the thermal fuse and interlock them(tape them together so they can not touch ground) try to start it if it starts replace that thermal fuse. It should be part number(###) ###-####on almost all duet dryers. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
As I have indicated. I have cancelled this request immediately. There should not be any charge on my credit card.
OK no problem did my answer fix it for you?