Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have GE model GTWN5050M0WS. When the start button is pushed

Customer Question

I have GE model GTWN5050M0WS. When the start button is pushed the machine beeps twice and does not begin to fill. The fill light flashes. I have tried unplugging the machine to reset without success. Machine continues to have same symptom. Please advise with any suggestions.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Between the top and front panels there are two clips that secure the front panel in place. Can you release those clips with a putty knife and remove the front panel, please? On top of the motor, there is a metal cover. Under that cover is a flashing light. How many flashes between pauses, please?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are we talking about the same model. Im not seeing what you are describing.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Have you removed the front panel?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There are 10 flashes on the motor
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
That error means that the communication between the main control up top and the motor is faulty. Check connections between the two control and if good, replace the controller. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.