Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

WEHHAVE AN RCA RIC102 SILVER ICE MAKER AND WHEN WE TRY TO START

Customer Question

WEHHAVE AN RCA RIC102 SILVER ICE MAKER AND WHEN WE TRY TO START IT NOW IT STARTS BUT THEN THE "ICE FULL" LIGHT GOES ON AND IT STOPS DEAD. WHAT IS GOIJNG ON HERE? THANKS SO MUCH, MIKE & GINNY
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! There is a sensor near the top of the ice bin that monitors the temperature. As the ice builds, the temperature will, of course, drop, telling the control that there is ice and it does not need to continue making. I believe that sensor is faulty or the control is not interpreting the signal correctly. Unfortunately, there are no service parts available for that unit.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
SO HOW DO I FIX THIS? THEY ALREADY CHARGED ME $29 FOR ONE ANSWER WHICH TELLS ME THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN BE DONE? AND NOW YOU WANT ANOTHER $24 TO TALK LIVE? SO YOU CAN TELL ME VERBALLY WHAT YOU TOLD ME IN WRITING? WTF?
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Take care, sorry you are having a bad day.