Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Does this refer have a defrost board JA: Thanks. Can you

Customer Question

does this refer have a defrost board
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I bought a used Kenmore 106.54512300 got it home and the light comes on and the fan is running the coils are clean and I can here things running I plugged it in yesterday at 400pm and checked it today at 900am I put some water in the freezer and it did not freeze in the past when I had this problem with a refer it was the defrost board
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
So first, this refrigerator does not have a defrost board, it has a defrost timer. That being said, the defrost system has nothing to do with your issues since you hear a fan running. Everything would shut down except the lights if the unit was in defrost. Your refrigerator is trying to cool down but it's not getting down to temperature which means you either have a freon leak, an inefficient compressor, or a freon restriction. This is something that would require a technician to come out and check the freon pressure to determine which of the 3 issues you actually have. Unfortunately the cheapest fix would be a freon leak which is about $300 or so to have repaired so hopefully you can still return the refrigerator. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?