Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My calypso gvw9959...***** ***** JA: Thanks. Can you give

Customer Question

my calypso gvw9959...***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My washer ...spins and then it stops
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Is the water draining out fine? Does it wash and drain and then fill for rinse okay but then just not complete the final spin?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes it drains and spins a little then stop... Today I put on quick wash.... It wash and drain and spin... But it is making a whining sound ... The machine is down to 8 mins
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Is there water in the tub still or has it all drained?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did the self diagnostic .... It found no error codes
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Is it draining out all the way? These have a known issue with the drain pumps.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can't tell ... The type of machine I have you cant see the water... But it sounds like the water is fully drained
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
What do you find at the end of the wash cycle? Are the clothes very wet still, like dripping?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am washing with nothing ... Inside it spinned ok.... I added clothes it seems to be spinning... But yesterday it kept stopping ... Today it completed its cycle on quick wash
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No the wet sheets and towel are spinned dry as normal.,, yesterday I had all kinds of stop issues while trying to dry... Today it didn't stop.. It spinned full speed
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
It sounds like it may be intermittent with the spin, usually indicative of an out of balance sensor issue. Is it noisy when it spins now? Does it wobble at all or bang around?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes it banged around... Very heavy yesterday.... Today it spinned normal but made sounds... Steady sound
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
If it is out of balance, it will not spin. This is pretty common on these and usually requires the U-joint kit be replaced. Unfortunately, this kit is no longer available. See link below. CLICK HERE It may be time to consider replacing the machine if it keeps acting up.
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.