Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Maytag washer running fine,until rinse cycle time,then just

Customer Question

maytag washer running fine,until rinse cycle time,then just stopped.there is water still in the wont drain,or do anything.power is on ,lights are on.tried different cycles,and no response at all.can you help me?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
It sounds like the washer isn't draining so it's refusing to do anything since the tub is full of water. You'll need to remove the lower front access panel by prying in the seam above the front access panel to release the clips. There is a 3" diameter hand twist drain catch in the bottom right corner than if you unscrew, all the water inside the tub will come flowing out so have a wet vac ready and unplug the washer first. Drain all the water out and check for a blockage in the catch behind the cap. If you find nothing, then once the water is drained out, try to start up a new cycle and if it starts up, stop it immediately before you fill up the tub with washer and need to drain it all out again. This means that your drain pump has just gone bad so you'll need to tip the washer backwards to access the drain pump in the front right corner attached behind the drain catch. Below is a link to the pump you'd need to replace for your model. CLICK HERE for drain pump We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?