Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

WGD7300XW0 Dryer glows, lights and gas stays on sec.

Customer Question

WGD7300XW0 Dryer glows, lights and gas stays on for 10 sec. and shuts off?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
So the dryer is designed to turn on and off throughout the cycle and that is normal. How long the gas turns on really depends on how many clothes are inside and how wet they are. 10 seconds without any wet cloths in the dryer is fairly normal. What you will want to do if it doesn't seam like the dryer is drying well is disconnect the vent from the back of the dryer and make sure you have air flow out the back of the dryer. Often times on this dryer the blower wheel belt falls off under the drum and then no air is blowing out the back of the dryer. If you have air blowing out the back of the dryer and you run a test cycle without the vent connected and the drying is still poor, then I would replace the 2 black gas coils in front of the igniter because on gas dryers they tend to get weak and will shut the gas valve off early when they are not supposed to. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thank you
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
No problem. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello once again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?