Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an old GE refrigerator - TBX18JAXGRWW. It was leaking

Customer Question

I have an old GE refrigerator - TBX18JAXGRWW. It was leaking and I cleaned the drain line, but now I can't figure out where it is supposed to empty out - there is nothing I can see as being the drain pan.
JA: Excuse me?
Customer: Are you a real person?
JA: IÂ’m an assistant to the Appliance Technician. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: OK. Well, I can't find where the drain pan on my refrigerator is. Can you help with that?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: That's about it.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The drain pan is located below the refrigerator down by the compressor. You access it from the back of the refrigerator if you pull the entire unit out and remove the back access panel. This pan is not removable as it's part of the frame of the refrigerator as well. Attached below is breakdown diagram and I outlined the drain pan in red which is shown as part 751. The head from the compressor causes the water to evaporate over time. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?