Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Whirlpool oven regularly tweeks 'F1'. Can I fix this eas

Customer Question

my Whirlpool oven regularly tweeks 'F1'. Can I fix this easily myself?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.
F1 is a very straight forward error for Whirlpool ovens, it means that there is an internal short in the display control board itself. You can flip the circuit breaker off to the oven or unplug the oven for 5 minutes to see if the error goes away, but if the issue re-occurs when you apply power again, you need to replace the display control board. Depending on how handy you are, this may be something you can do yourself. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
circuit board is no longer available. Sears repairman made a house call.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
If that's the case, you can send your old board into a place like Appliancetimers.com or Core Centric Solutions and they will refurbish the bard. It usually takes a week or two and costs about $150-200. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have purchased a new oven and microwave. I do not need more advice. I was not happy that the circuit board was not available, but my unit is old.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
ok...