Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Whirlpool gsf26c5exy00, ice maker not working. Replaced emitter

Customer Question

Whirlpool gsf26c5exy00, ice maker not working. Replaced emitter and receiver boards. Still no joy/
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not making ice, and as I look at the ejector bar, it seems to be point down into the ice tray at about a 45 degree angle
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
The ejector bard (known as the rake) should never stop any direction other than facing forward and up above the horizon. If it stops any other direction, it means that the motor has shorted or the gears have stripped out. Either way, the icemaker needs to be replaced to resolve the issue. CLICK HERE for icemaker We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?