Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a front load Electrolux dryer that is flashing E64 error

Customer Question

I have a front load Electrolux dryer that is flashing E64 error code. It starts runs a little while then stops and flashes the code. It is heating. I also ran it in air dry mode and even with out the heat it gives the same code E64
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The blower is working fine The heating element is heating and even on air dry it gives an E64 error code. so if it was the thermistor, heating element or fuse it should still work on air dry because it doesn't use the heating element
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Unfortunately this error means that your heating element has failed, sometimes it grounds out which is why it will throw the error even in air dry mode since it's pulling power when it shouldn't. Either way, these newer Electrolux dryers have lots of problems with the elements because they are a triple element and they sag down or break often so you need to replace the element to resolve this issue. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?