John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a JFC2070KRS JennAire fridge. The freezer is icing

Customer Question

I have a JFC2070KRS JennAire fridge. The freezer is icing up. I defrosted everything with a hair dryer a couple of months ago, and it is iced up again. The ice buildup is significant inside the freezer compartment. From everything I'm seeing online, it looks like I've got to replace the electronic control board, which is a little pricey. I don't want to do that if the drain tube is simply plugged up. Suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 6 months ago.
Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help. Is it clear ice freezing or is it heavy white frost on the inside back wall of the freezer?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry for the delay. It is definitely the white frost inside the cabinet.
Sorry for my delay. Maybe a site problem but I never got the reply. There is a defrost thermostat that could be the problem in the back of the freezer. If you have a meter you can test this. Do you have a meter and can you get the inside back wall out?