John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Arrived from being away while and both my freezer and

Customer Question

arrived from being away for a while and both my freezer and fridge side are not cold. Room temperature air is flowing through the freezer. The settings are the same as always. Any idea if I can try anything to remedy this situation?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Is the compressor running? Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can hear a fan running on both the freezer and frig sides. There is no frost on the back wall inside the freezer. I have already sent my model no but will repeat it JCD2389DE.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Is the compressor running?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the compressor is running if the fan is going is it not.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
to confirm, the fans inside are running, the compressor is running but it is producing no cooling at all?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did not hear from you for awhile so got my handyman neighbour over and he figured it out. I now have a working Jenn-Air. Will recommend you folks to others as I had never heard of you before.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hmm, I don't see a delay in any of my responses but am glad you got it figured out. Take care, thank you.