Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

The GE washer red lock button on on and it won't do anything.

Customer Question

The GE washer red lock button on on and it won't do anything. I've in plugged the washer but that doesn't work.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The red lock button immediately comes on and the machine doesn't react to the other controls at all.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.First try this:Select and hold END OF CYCLE SIGNAL for 3 seconds until theCONTROL LOCKED status light turns off..If that does not work then give me the model number off the dryer and I will be glad to be of further assistance, the model number will be located on the washer frame behind the door, thanks. In the meantime: We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed. Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks! After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing. NOTE PLEASE READ: When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system. Thank You! Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.
Hi there,I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, is there something else I can help you with or did you just forget to rate the answer?
I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I can put this question on my completed list. Thank you for your immediate attention in takingcare of this. If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating or feel I deserve a negative please let me know.