bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

We have a whirlpool dishwasher that is not completely draining.

Customer Question

We have a whirlpool dishwasher that is not completely draining. It was installed a few weeks ago and things were fine then, however, the last week it hasn't been draining. We have checked the lines, garbage disposal, and connections and not able to locate the reason. The model # ***** *****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Does the pump run when it should be draining?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is a 49 decibel washer, really quiet, so from what I CAN hear it appears to be running.
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Thank you! Is the filter and the area under and around the filter clean? Are you able to pull the dishwasher out for inspection?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
After sucking out the water, the filter on the bottom appears to be free of debris. I understand this model has a filter at the top as well? We can pull out the unit if needed ... it hasn't been moved since the install so I don't believe it's a crimped hose.
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
I have an emergent issue I need to leave to address. I am going to have to pass your question to another, they should pick right up. I am very sorry.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
Engineers trick put a kettle full of hot boiling water into the base of the dishwasher, leave it for about 4 minutes and then put the appliance onto pump out or just start a program. Come back to me and tell me if it has fully pumped out - Ian
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
Do you require further assistance?