Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Have replaced all boards and touch panel but will not program.

Customer Question

Have replaced all boards and touch panel but will not program. Kfis25xvms4 KA
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 7 months ago.
If you replaced the boards including the touch panel assembly then follow the instructions below:Programming Mode:Make sure you are entering the code found on the serial plate after the word code.NOTE: The Program Code is located on the Serial Plate on this unit after the word Code.1. Press and hold the WATER Keypad.2. Press and hold LL Keypad.3. Release the WATER Keypad and wait 3 seconds.4. The control will display PE to indicate the programming mode.5. Entry is confirmed by pressing the LL Keypad once more.6. The control will display the current Program CODE. This value should be validated with the Program CODE printed on the unit serial plate.NOTE: If the Program CODE is correct, the Programming Mode is exited by pressing water Keypad for 3 seconds.7. Press the UR Keypad or LR Keypad to change the digit value with each key press.8. The decimal point indicates the selected digit. Press the UL Keypad to select the next digit.9. Once the desired Program CODE is entered, press and hold the LL Keypad until the Program CODE begins flashing indicating it has been saved.NOTE: If you attempt to enter an invalid Program CODE the control will not save the new code, but will beep. (The unit will NOT run with a Program CODE of 0000). Once the Program CODE has been saved the Programming Mode is exited by pressing any key or by opening or closing the refrigerator door. If the new code is incorrect this process should be repeated. The Programming mode can be exited at any time by pressing WATER key for 3 seconds or will exit if unattended for four minutes.Let me know how it goes in the meantime:We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed. Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks! After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing. NOTE PLEASE READ: When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system. Thank You! Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.