John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

I turned my washer off mid cycle and now it won't do anything JA:

Customer Question

I turned my washer off mid cycle and now it won't do anything
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I have a whirpool washer and I turned it off after it had filled and agitated. I turned it back on but now it won't do anything
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
Will you please send me the model number, so I can find the necessary technical information to assist you? Thank you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's full of water and I can't budge it to get behind to see the model number, it looks like it is fuller than normal
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This was on the lid WTW5200sQo and Cw2631726 Type 111
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
What action did you take to shut the washer off?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just pushed the knob in. I am thinking maybe the hose is clogged or something. Going to try to take the back off
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The laundry drain is clogged somewhere because it overflowed so thinking this sudden not draining is connected?
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.
Yes, it is. You'll need to clear the floor drain, so the water can flow through it normally.