Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Whirlpool cabrio dryer WGD6400SW1 all the lights are on. However

Customer Question

Whirlpool cabrio dryer WGD6400SW1 all the lights are on. However the dryer will not run. We have gone through all of the trouble shoot issues in the manual.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
If the dryer won't run at all but you can still select the cycle and such, it sounds like you either have a bad thermal fuse, the belt is broken, or the door switch isn't working. The easiest thing to check is to open the door and just push on the door switch. If the door switch doesn't click when you push it, you need to replace the switch. If it does click, then the door switch is fine. The next thing to check is the thermal fuse. You'll need a multimeter to test this fuse so below is a video that shows you how to access and test the fuse on the back. CLICK HERE for video on thermal fuse CLICK HERE for thermal fuse Now if the fuse checks good that would leave your belt. The dryer would need to be taken apart to see if the belt is broken or fell off the idler pulley because there is a belt switch next to the motor that the idler pulley pushes on when the belt is tight. If the switch isn't being pushed, the dryer won't run. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?