Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My whirlpool top loader bran new washer touch screen keeps

Customer Question

My whirlpool top loader bran new washer touch screen keeps saying f2 but took the lock apart and put back tighter do sent seem to have any malfunctions
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Um mm it blinks f2 and f5 and won't allow the load to wash just keeps being those codes
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
So error F2 has nothing to do with the latch, it means that there is a communication error with the interface control board. F5 on the other hand is a latch error which is sounds like may have been caused by taking the latch apart and putting it back together. Since the unit is brand new, I would call warranty at this point because it sounds like at the very least you'll need a new door latch. Then the technician can look for a loose connection with the interface board or replace the interface board if the connections are secure and you're still getting an F2 error. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?