Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a GE Monogram side by side refrigerator and have frost

Customer Question

I have a GE Monogram side by side refrigerator and have frost in the ice chute. I have replaced the flapper and the solenoid but this has not fixed the issue. Holding a flashlight in the chute I can see light escaping beneath the flapper. The flapper is not sealing properly, what else can I replace?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: Not that I know of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. The only thing else you can change out is the return spring it may not be stiff enough anymore to seal the flapper, that would really be about it, otherwise you would have to add some foam strips to seal the flapper. There is just not much else you can do. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!