Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Maytag refrigerator, Model No. MMF2055YEW00. Delivered 04/04/2013.

Customer Question

Maytag refrigerator, Model No. MMF2055YEW00. Delivered 04/04/2013. Ice maker not operational, Fill line freezes, I can hear the other functions trying. I had service person here because refrigerator stopped working, he installed new board. He found Icecicle in fill line, on return visit. Ice maker functioned a few times over the next few days after icecicle was removed and then stopped working again.
B Banks
Clarence, NY 14031
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Is the line frozen again? If so you need to have the fill valve replaced for the icemaker it is the cause of the freezing. Its is leaking and water is dripping into the fill tube and freezing. Very common issue. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!