Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Heating problems, will start the first time at the beginning

Customer Question

heating problems, will start the first time at the beginning of the cycle. then will not refire. have checked all sensors, fire eye, coils. belt tension sensor they all read properly
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
If the dryer heats in the beginning but fails to heat later, this means your coils are going bad. What happens is their resistance changes as they heat up so even though they test fine normally, once they are in use the resistance changes and won't generate enough power to lift the piston in the valve. You need to replace the coils and everything should be back to normal again. This is actually the most common way I see gas dryers fail since it's routine maintenance after a few years. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?