Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a kitchenaid model kudl15fxss dishwasher.....the dishwasher

Customer Question

I have a kitchenaid model kudl15fxss dishwasher.....the dishwasher won't run through a cycle and now the green light that says green is blinking and won't stop
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: We loaded the dishwasher and started it....it ran for a very short time and then shut off...then the green light that says "clean" started to blink and beep...it seemed that all other functionality stopped at that point
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.So the flashing clean light means that you should have an error code. Let's try to see what error you're getting. Turn the dishwasher off. Choose any 3 buttons on the control panel. Press them in the following sequence, 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between each button push. Watch the clean light. It will flash "X" amount of times, then pause 2 seconds, and flash "Y" amount of times, then pause 5 seconds and start over again.Can you tell me how many times X and Y are please?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry something went wrong with the connection. I presses the buttons as instructed and all the lights came on!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are you there still?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
I apologize I was not available when you replied since you didn't reply for over 5 hours from the time I gave you these instructions. After the lights go solid the clean light should blink to tell you the error.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It did not they just all stayed light.... I tried to run it again and it went through part of the first cutler and stopped. This time however the clean light did not come on
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
If you're not getting an error code then your main control board inside the door is just faulty and would need to be replaced so you'll want to retry and pull up the error.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thanks.... I have someone coming to look at it tomorrow
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
ok good luck.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?