Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

My whirlpool cabrio washing machine isn't taking in any water

Customer Question

My whirlpool cabrio washing machine isn't taking in any water and it's literally brand new
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Thank you very much
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope that's pretty much it thank you again
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.First try unhooking the water supply hoses from the washer and check the screens on the water inlet valve for buildup or trash that may keep water from entering and if there are screens on the hoses check those as well, lay the hoses over into the washer tub and turn them on to ensure you have proper water supply to both the hot and cold outlet, hook the hoses back up if everything checks out ok, unplug the washer for a few minutes plug it back in press cancel and try to start a new cycle. If it still does not work give me the model number off the washer, its located on the frame of the washer under the lid, and I will be glad to help you further, in the meantime: We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed. Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks! After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing. NOTE PLEASE READ: When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system. Thank You! Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.
Hi there,I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, is there something else I can help you with or did you just forget to rate the answer?