Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have purchased a Jenn-Air 30" Gas Downdraft Cooktop. With

Customer Question

I have purchased a Jenn-Air 30" Gas Downdraft Cooktop.
With regards ***** ***** the 6" vent faces the rear of the peninsula cabinet. I need to vent to the left to the outside wall.
The installation manual has a "N" dimension of 25-inches for the over-all width, however when we installed the unit it only left about 3-inches to install a 6" 90 degree vent.
Should the peninsula width be greater than 26 inches? Exactly is the minimum interior width to install the unit and a 90 degree elbow for a horizontal side wall vent?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. What is the model number?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Model JGD3430BS00I think I found the answer in the instruction. It appears we need to rotate the blower 90-degrees, down and then extend the venting to the outside wall.Daryle
yes I double check them as well and that is the case for sure All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!