John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

MY REFRIGERATOR KEEPS FREEZING UP BETWEEN THE UPPER AND LOWER

Customer Question

MY REFRIGERATOR KEEPS FREEZING UP BETWEEN THE UPPER AND LOWER COMPARTMENTS,CAUSING IT TO QUIT COOLING---WHICH PART IS BAD
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: THE COILS ICE UP UNDER THE FREEZER COMPARTMENT AND ITS STARTS DRIPPING WATER IN THE REFRIGERATOR AND THE TEMPERATURE GETS WARMER,I TOOK IT APART AND DEFROSTED AND IT WORKED OK FOR A FEW DAYS.THEN THE FOOD IN THE FREEZER STARTED DEFROSTING AND THE REFRIGERATOR GOT WARMER AND ITS DRIPPING AGAIN. IT STILL HAS A CHILL,BUT KEEPING FOOD COLD ENOUGH
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: NO
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? And is the ice building up solid clear ice or thick white frost?