Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

First question, do you charge a fee to answer questions? JA:

Customer Question

First question, do you charge a fee to answer questions?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: My Amana refrigerator (bottom freezer) turns itself off when the door is opened and the motor is running. The control panel shows a horizontal line and cannot be reset to a number, so the unit is shut down. This has been happening on and off for about 2 months. Fortunately, it is a back up fridge. Last weekend I moved the unit to vacuum the back and front, and when I moved it back into place and plugged it in, it turned on. Any ideas why it shuts down and cannot be turned back on by the control?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: Nothing at the moment. Thanks.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? The model number is ***** on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
model number is *****
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
OK unfortunately on this model the display is part of the main mother board on this refrigerator and the only thing that can cause your issue is this board. This board is generally referred to as the Jazz Board for this model and unfortunately it tends to fail quite often. Either way, below is a link to the board you'd need to order and replace for your model. CLICK HERE for control board We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?