Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The range agent door on my Bosch dishwasher will not stay closed.

Customer Question

The range agent door on my Bosch dishwasher will not stay closed. Everything else seems to be working well but almost every time I open the door to empty the dishwasher, the rinse door flips open.
Model # *****
FD910200267
Any suggestions?
Thank you,
Libby Skinner
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
Unfortunately this is just a common way for these dispensers on the dishwasher to fail. The only thing you can do is replace the dispenser to resolve this issue because there are no parts sold separately for the rinse agent potion of the dispenser. If you wanted to replace it yourself, just flip the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher. Open the door and remove all the screws around the border of the inner door liner going down vertically. Then remove the 2 screws coming in horizontally up at the control panel. The door will split apart and you can see the dispenser from the inside of the door. Use a small eye glass screwdriver to pry the tabs away from the dispenser so that the dispenser will push forward and through the inside of the door. Then just push the old dispenser back until it clips in place. Below is a link to the part. It helps to rub rinse agent on the dispenser gasket when you push the new dispenser in place so that it slides a bit better when trying to clip the dispenser into place. CLICK HERE for dispenser We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?