Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a LG dishwasher I have just installed a new drain

Customer Question

I have a LG dishwasher I have just installed a new drain pump now I am getting an E1 code. The unit is not leaking.
But during the installation of the pump I turned it on it side and water did come out . After turned it right side up or water coming out. After plugging it in I got the E1 code
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Do you have a model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door so I can better assist you?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
OK perfect, thank you. So the flood sensor is a white plastic device with a styrofoam pump inside that lifts up if water gets inside. Attached below is a link to the flood sensor you're looking for below the dishwasher. Check the sensor and make sure it wasn't unplugged and water is out of it and nothing is stuck in the up position hitting the switch. If everything checks good, you'll need a multimeter to test the micro switch on top where the wires connect to see if it's working properly when the puck if lifted up or let down. If the switch is bad, replace the switch. If the switch is good, the main control board would need to be replaced because it shorted for some reason. These are outside possibilities of course---most likely the puck is just no in the right position and it's propped up with water. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ABQ73503004 | LG Dishwasher Drain Pump
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
I'm not sure why you're sending me that? I understand you replaced the drain pump. Aside from water spilling out when doing so, that has nothing to do with the current problem.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That was the pump model number that I installed
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Yes I understand and that's fine---but again that has absolutely nothing to do with your new issue. Your new issue may have been caused by replacing the drain pump, but you need to follow the instructions I just gave you to fix your current problem.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?