Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My dryer door won't unlock. I tried holding options and control

Customer Question

My dryer door won't unlock. I tried holding options and control down but it doesn't work
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Drying cycle is finished. Dryer door won't open. There is no unlock button. How do I unlock the door?
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: Model is affinity, about 5 yrs old.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer:There is no lock on a dryer the door should just pull open I have never seen a affinity with a door lock. The press release may not be working you should try pressing it in then see if it will release, let me know. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!