Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

My Maytag bravo won't go through a rinse and spin cycle JA:

Customer Question

My Maytag bravo won't go through a rinse and spin cycle
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It has done this for a long time. It will just stop at 21 minutes. Usually if I pause and start it threw times it will continue. Finally tonight it won't continue
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Do you have the complete model number off the machine?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Maytag Bravo MTW6600TQ0
Great thanks, ***** ***** pump working and will it pump put water?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
here and there. how many pumps are in this thing? I had the back off a year ago and replaced one of them. i believe it was a drain pump that was very hard to get too. it had a nickel in it for i don't know how long.
Yes I believe you may have a bad drain pump or wiring issue to the drain pump. If you tip the machine against the wall the drain pump is the one off to the right back corner. If it keeps stopping at the rinse mark it likely is not pumping out and hanging up there. That would make the most sense. Click Here for Pump All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The drain pump I put in is only a year old. Are you saying that they go bad that fast? This machine is near 10 years old. How long does the machine last as a whole?
If you set it on DRAIN/SPIN do you hear the pump running?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I hear buzzing. I guess i would have to take the back off and take the hose off to reach in there with my finger and see if there is something jamming it.
Just tip it up I never take the back off to change the pump just do it from under the unit far easier.