Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a Dacor oven RSD 305. after self cleaning the oven

Customer Question

we have a Dacor oven RSD 305. after self cleaning the oven will not heat. The top works
but not the oven. The oven door will open. How do we reactivate the oven ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
There is a high limit thermostat mounted next to the door latch on your oven. You'll need to flip the circuit breaker off to the oven and remove the vent panel above the oven cavity that goes across the door latch. The thermostat is about 1" and it's black and silver with a tiny red button on it. Push the red button hard and that should reset the heat if it clicks. It tends to trip a lot during self cleaning since it gets so hot. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?