Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Danby refrigerator and it only over freezes. Can I

Customer Question

I have a Danby refrigerator and it only over freezes. Can I get the refrigerator back to normal cooling?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

The only thing that can cause this issue would be a bad thermostat also known as the "cold control". It's located directly behind the knob you move to adjust the temperature. The thermostat would need to be replaced to get the unit working again but getting Danby parts is very difficult. Below is a link to the thermostat you'd need to order and replace which is about $15 is all.

CLICK HERE for thermostat

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?