John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Whirlpool dishwasher model wdt710paym6 during a wash cycle,

Customer Question

whirlpool dishwasher model wdt710paym6 during a wash cycle, it stop washing and start/resume light flashes
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: during a cycle the dishwasher stops and the start/resume light flashes indicating the door has been opened, but it hasn't
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 11 months ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 11 months ago.
Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. This will happen if the door switch opens while it is running. Next time it happens push in on the door in the center. If it starts it may just take an adjustment but if not the switch needs checked and replaced if it is the problem.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Now the unit starts and then stops suddenly and all the lights go out - in about a minute they come back on with start/resume light flashing
You should confirm that where the house wiring attaches the dishwasher the connections are good. We need to check simple things before we assume the control is doing this. Anything that causes power to be lost to the control can do this.