Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

Is having water sealed in the drum part of the balance for

Customer Question

Is having water sealed in the drum part of the balance for Maytag Bravos 300 washer?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I am changing the tub bearings, and when I removed the tub, I hear water in the bottom, but it appears sealed.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 7 months ago.
Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. Yes, the balance ring at the top and bottom of the washer has water to help with the load balance. It also has a large float at the bottom so the tub can float to allow agitation. Have you run the washer to see if it is working and sounding normal?
Hello, do you still need help or was this what you needed?