Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My name is ***** ***** and my issue is regarding my

Customer Question

Hello, my name is ***** ***** and my issue is regarding my GE fridge freezing everything
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure, its a GE model GSS25LGM/GSS25LSM. It has been turned down to one, and is freezing literally everything in it from top to bottom I saw some posts on another site that states there is a damper, but what I located cannot be adjusted
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
First, you're looking in the right direction, but there is no adjustment to the damper it would just need to be replaced. So the thermostat inside the refrigerator is all controlled by the damper assembly in the back of the refrigerator just below the ceiling. The thermostat is built into this part which allows the correct amount of air from the freezer to go into the refrigerator. If your refrigerator is too cold and you've turned all the setting warmer but things still freeze, you'd need to replace this part. Below is a link to the damper assembly with thermostat you'd need to order for your model. There is a picture of the damper assembly in the link below so if you're not sure of what part I'm referring to, you can remove everything out of the top shelf in the refrigerator and look at the back wall to see the part you need to replace. CLICK HERE for damper assembly As for how to replace the part, below is a video that should show you almost everything that needs to be done. CLICK HERE for video We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?