Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a KWS 200 disposal. It keeps jamming. I have to use

Customer Question

I have a KWS 200 disposal. It keeps jamming. I have to use a tool to turn the rotating grind wheel before the wham bammer will get it moving. The unjamming may last 1 day or a couple of weeks . Since my disposal is about 6 years old could it be that the magnestart is wearing out or what could it be?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately if you have to keep breaking the disposal free, it means that your seals are going out and the bearings are rusting on the disposal. This isn't something you can repair I'm sorry to say. It's just time to start looking for a new disposal at this point. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?