Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Dishwasher drains sometimes and then stops. Took pump off

Customer Question

Dishwasher drains sometimes and then stops. Took pump off and it seems to work fine. Drain pipe is elevated as it should be. I have cleaned screens, filters, etc. After cleaning everything the dishwasher worked well one time; but left a little residue in the bottom. Next time it did not complete the cycle and there was a good bit of water left in the bottom.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: The pump may be bad still and seizing sometimes and not running, when it does not pump out id the drain pump running? If not I would check power to the drain pump. If it is check the siphon gap by the sink if the drain line goes to one. If it does you may have a partial blockage or check the drain line for a partial blockage and see if there is one. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!