Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Whirlpool Duet washing machine won't go into high speed sp

Customer Question

Whirlpool Duet washing machine won't go into high speed spin
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! When the service tech was there, was he able to get it to spin in the diagnostics cycle?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Page 5 of the tech sheet that is attached will allow you to run a diagnostics cycle and also retrieve any error codes that may be stored in the computer. Can you initiate that cycle and see if: There are any error codes storedThe machine will go into a high speed spin
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No error codes come up. Will go into high speed spin with nothing in it but as soon as you add clothes, it will not
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Is the water draining quickly when it pumps out?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes. Pump is working fine.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Do you have enough clothing in it to allow the tub to turn as it builds speed without coming out of balance? These machines really depend on full loads.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Have had loads of same size as always. Machine is 2 yrs old. Tech thinks it is control on side but not sure. That part is 265.00. Other possibility is control on front another 250.00 part. Hate to spend that much for a guess.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
It is not the one in the front. It is more likely to be pressure switch related.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
The pressure switch is mounted at the top of the cabinet in the right rear corner. It has a very small hose attached to it. If you remove that hose and blow through it (the hose), does air easily pass?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That too has been done.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
What exactly happens when it is in a cycle and pumps out? Does it just tumble or does it try to ramp up and then stop?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Usually just tumbles then stops. Sounds like the pump continues to run but no water to pump.
Then it times out with wet clothes.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
I would replace the pressure switch before I replaced the electronic control. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok will try that.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Roger that, keep me posted!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Replaced pressure switch. Still have same issues. Now what?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
If the hose is clear, you may need the machine control.