Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Kitchenaid dishwasher keeps flashing lights.

Customer Question

***** *****. My Kitchenaid dishwasher keeps flashing lights. The normal wash light keeps flashing. And the machine will stop after a little while into the cycle. The pump works and so does the heating element.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It flashes between normal wash and heavy duty wash at times. I left it running one morning and came home and the lights where flashing. No water in bottom of machine and dishes looked like they had been washed some. We tried machine again and it ran for about 30 minutes then stopped
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
The normal light flashing means that the normal light is shorting out and the dishwasher thinks it's been stuck and held for more than 17 seconds. Now this is not something you can just reset, usually humidity from the dishwasher causes the touchpad to fail. As it dries it'l usually work again, but eventually it will fail completely and the dishwasher won't run again. You will need to order and replace the touch control panel in order to resolve the issue. Below is a link to the touchpad you'd need to order for your model number. CLICK HERE for touchpad We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.